On December 7th away from home, the Jaspers were beaten by the Red Foxes, 62-58.
When you look at these teams, the Jaspers were supposed to win this game. The Jaspers are usually not very good on the road, but the Red Foxes were slumping, having lost 3 of their last 5. A year ago Manhattan went 2-0 against Marist. Over the last four years, the Jaspers are now 6-3 against the Red Foxes including 3-2 at McCann Field House. Manhattan has a winning record over Marist going back to 1980, 21-15.
Marist controlled three-point shooting and also got the edge in assists. Marist drained three-pointers with accurate 50% shooting, compared to 21% for Manhattan. Marist shared the ball and registered 13 assists to nine for Manhattan.
Michael Alvarado was the leading scorer for the Jaspers with 19 points in 29 minutes. Donovan Kates contributed a game-leading nine free throws. The Jaspers now drop to 2-5. They open MAAC play with a loss.
The Jaspers have got a matchup with Siena at home on December 9th.
|-||M. Jackson Jr.||3||0||0||0||0||0||0|
- Manhattan has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 18 or fewer field goals made.
- Manhattan set season lows for three-point percentage and turnovers.
- Michael Alvarado accounted for 32.7% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Donovan Kates and Rhamel Brown) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
- In 100% of losses this season, the Jaspers have a field goal percentage of 36.0% or worse.
- Adam Kemp has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 8 games this season.
- The top two scorers (Chavaughn Lewis and Devin Price) accounted for 50.0% of the points.
- Manny Thomas set career highs with 7 rebounds and 7 defensive rebounds.
- The top two rebounders (Adam Kemp and Manny Thomas) accounted for 55.5% of the rebounds.
- Devin Price has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Michael Alvarado
, Donovan Kates